Conversation Partner Program
This program is for partnering ELI students from any language background with native English speakers from MSU and the Springfield community for English conversation practice.
The English Conversation Partners Program is an informal meeting opportunity for Americans and Internationals to get together and share cultural and personal interests.
Purpose: This Program...
- allows international students to use the English Language outside of the classroom while they learn more about American language and culture from people who use the language and live the culture everyday.
- provides Americans the chance to meet someone from another country who can help them develop and strengthen their international perspective in order to function effectively in the increasingly interdependent world.
- offers all participants a way to create international friendships and foster global knowledge and understanding.
Expectations: Participants agree to:
- meet at least once every two weeks for an hour and speak English. Partners decide when and where they will meet and what they will discuss or do.
- respect each other's time, values, and opinions.
- provide feedback to the ELI about their experience in the program.
We are not currently taking applications for this program.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Susie at the ELI.
Contact: email@example.com or Susie Kekec (417) 836-6540