Outside Scholarships for Studying Abroad
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- For students on Pell Grants studying in a country for at least 4 weeks.
- Boren Awards for International Study
- For students applying to study languages critical to U.S. National Security. Please see their website for more details on language and/or country eligibility requirements. Provides undergraduate recipients with funding up to $20,000 in return for working for the federal government for at least one year following completion of education.
- Fulbright Programs
- For graduate students pursuing research abroad.
- General Missouri State Scholarship Application
- Provides students with the opportunity to receive MSU scholarships and/or donor-funded scholarships that can be applied towards a study abroad program.
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant
- Offers $1,000 grants each year for students studying abroad. Students do not have to be a member of Phi Kappa Phi to apply.
- The Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarships
- Please check with your local Rotary Chapter for information regarding scholarship opportunities.
- Diversity Abroad
- John T. Petters Foundation
- The Department of Veterans Affairs has issued an important clarification of their policies that will help veterans and campus administrators to better understand how the GI Bill benefits can be used to help cover the cost of certain study abroad activities. This VA document addresses several of the ways that students can enroll in study abroad programs. It also explains what is eligible to be covered. This guidance is on the VA Post-9/11 GI Bill website, as a "Post-9/11 Study Abroad Fact Sheet":
Affiliate Program Scholarships
Most affiliate programs offer their own scholarships for students participating on their programs. Please check your program provider's website, or contact a representative from your program for more details.
ISEP Scholarships--For students participating on a program through ISEP
- Travel Scholarships: Two roundtrip travel scholarships for $500 will be awarded each academic year. To learn more about these scholarships, please call STA Travel at 1-866-557-8529 or E-mail email@example.com. Let them know you are an ISEP student and you will be entered to win. The deadlines for these scholarships are August 1 and December 15.
- Annette Kade Scholarships for Students Studying French or German: There will be 2, $2,000 scholarships and 5, $1,000 scholarships available for spring 2011. You can gather more information about these scholarships from the ISEP Web site. The deadline for these scholarships is typically October 1st.