Faculty or Missouri State administrators who plan credit-bearing domestic or international travel with students are required to work with the Study Away Programs office to ensure compliance with Missouri State University legal and financial protocol.
Missouri State faculty members may take students on non-Study Away programs for international field trips, research or discipline-related travel. Even if your students do not receive credit for their time abroad, Missouri State requires faculty leaders to adhere to these guidelines.
- Provide the names of all student participants to the Study Away Programs office.
- Complete an Emergency Plan. See page 6 of this document.
- Complete Campus Security Training through the My Learning Connection.
- Attend a pre-departure orientation with the Study Away Director.
- Complete the Missouri State Travel Advance and/or Foreign Travel Authorization form(s).
- Students will be charged the International Programs Academic Fee, which includes the international medical insurance cost. The charge will be placed on each student’s Missouri State account. See page 15 of the Board of Governers' approved fees for 2017-18. Study Away will enroll each student in GeoBlue insurance. An insurance card will be sent from GeoBlue to each student.
- Students must register their non-Study Away program with the International Academic Experience application.
Please contact Study Away Director Elizabeth Strong with questions or for additional information.