Linguaskill English Test
Linguaskill is an online, at home, multi-level test designed to assess international students at Missouri State University (MSU). MSU’s English Language Institute (ELI) is an authorized Cambridge Exam Center.
The Linguaskill test offers a complete picture of your English abilities, with fast and accurate testing of all four language skills: reading, listening, writing, and speaking. It is used by Missouri State University for undergraduate and graduate program admission and by the English Language Institute for level placement.
Subjects: 3 sections (Reading, Writing, and Listening/Speaking)
Length: 3 hours (including 30 min for breaks and pre-test preparation)
Application: Submit your application to register and pay for the Linguaskill test at MSU. After completing the application, you will receive an email confirmation with access codes. Access codes will remain valid one week after your receive the email.
Candidates will take the test using an AI system, and trained MSU instructors will review the footage for any rule violations or validity issues. We reserve the right to withhold official score reports if any rule violation is detected. See all the tech requirements below.
Learn More about the Linguaskill Test
Missouri State University’s English Proficiency Requirements for Admission
|Minimum Linguaskill Score||162||169|
|Minimum Individual Band Score*||154||161|
Scores are obtained in each skill area: Writing, Speaking, Reading/Listening.
*scores of less than the minimum band scores will require enrollment in a corresponding EAP course during student’s first semester at MSU.
- You will need a PC or Laptop with a keyboard, webcam, video and audio to take the
test. You need to be in a private room alone (nobody else should enter during testing).
- The test CANNOT be taken on a tablet (iPad, Galaxy, Surface, or mobile phone)
- If you join the test on a tablet or cellphone, your test will be rescheduled.
- It is highly recommended to use a headphone with microphone.
- You can also use your computer microphone & speakers, but your testing experience may not be optimum.
- Use the link below NOW to test your audio playback and recording on your PC or Laptop:
- Test your audio equipment here.