Dr. Ismet Anitsal
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- PhD, 2005, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- MBA, 1992, University of West Georgia
- MA, 1987, Bogaziçi University
- BS, 1985, Istanbul Technical University
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Retail Marketing Management
- Market Analysis and Marketing Strategy
- International Service Learning
- Marketing Internship
- Honors Colloquium
- Strategic Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Design Thinking
- Seminar in Marketing
- Worked as tenured full professor of Marketing, and Faye Halfacre Moore Professor of Entrepreneurship in the College of Business at Tennessee Tech University for 15 years.
- Worked in the manufacturing, commercial banking, and retailing industries in different capacities from sales associate to CEO levels.
- Served on the board of directors for several professional and nonprofit organizations.
Research and professional interests
- Consumer behavior
- Services marketing
- Nonprofit marketing
- Service learning
- Online teaching and learning
- Business education
- 90-refereed papers published in major scholarly journals and conference proceedings.
- Collaborated with researchers from multiple disciplines, as well as students.
- Co-authored an article that is ranked in the top 12 articles published in the Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice in the last 10 years, in terms of citations.
- Table tennis
Awards and honors
- Co-President of Association of Marketing Theory and Practice
- Past President of the Atlantic Marketing Association
- Served as an editor/section editor of several marketing/entrepreneurship journals, and has been on the editorial review boards for several peer reviewed journals.
- The Award for Excellence in Overall Performance by College of Business Board of Trustees, Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, Tennessee, 2015.
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Business, Tennessee Tech University, 2012.
- The Larry R. Watts Distinguished Service Award, 2012.
- Tennessee Board of Regents Lana Doncaster Innovations Award, 2008.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Tennessee Tech University, 2007.
- J. E. Owen Award for Excellence in Research, The Board of Trustees, College of Business, Tennessee Tech University, 2006,
- Walter Melville Bonham Memorial Graduate Fellowship (Bonham Dissertation Award), The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, 2003
- Other research, teaching, service, fellowship, scholarship and travel awards
- Alpha Kappa Psi, 2006
- The Honor Society of Beta Gamma Sigma, 2005
- The Alpha Mu Alpha National Marketing Honorary, 2003
- The Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society, 2003
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, 2002