Complete the English Language Institute English for Academic Purposes Application
- Submit the completed online application form.
- Pay the non-refundable $100 application fee. This fee covers application expenses as well as the cost of shipping your admission documents to you via express mail. (This fee may be paid by credit card at the end of the online application, by Western Union, or check sent by express mail to the postal address below. A $2.75 credit card convenience fee applies to all credit card payments).
Submit Required Documentation for Admission
All documents listed below may be scanned and sent via email at ELI@MissouriState.edu, fax at 1-417-836-4784, or postal mail (address listed below).
- Statement of Financial Support. (this document may be downloaded and completed by right clicking and choosing "save as")
- An official statement from the bank which specifies in US dollars the amount of money available for one year of language training. Review tuition and costs here.
- A copy of your passport information page.
- If you are applying for conditional admission to Missouri State University, a copy of your current transcript (grades) translated in English. Review the English Language Institute requirements for conditional admission.
- A copy of your high school or undergraduate diploma.
The English Language Institute reserves the right to deny admission or readmission or to restrict enrollment of individuals who are determined to represent a threat to students, faculty, staff, or property. This determination will be made by the Executive Director of the English Language Institute in coordination with the Dean of Students at Missouri State University. Appeals to such a decision may be directed to the Associate Vice President for International Programs at Missouri State University.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is the policy of the English Language Institute (ELI) that any student in initial status who wishes to transfer to another institution is required to report to the ELI in person with a copy of the transfer form and admission letter from the new institution. A student who does not comply with this policy is subject to termination of the student’s SEVIS record prior to the record being transferred.
Missouri State University
301 South Jefferson Ave., Suite 200
Springfield, MO 65806 USA