Where Do I Start?
Watch the video presentation “Education Abroad 101,” where you can learn everything you need to know to get started!
This video will:
- Guide you through our website
- Give information about different program options
- Give important information about Financial Aid
Getting Started: Program Options
FACULTY-DIRECTED, SEMESTER, AND YEAR-LONG PROGRAMS. A program FOR EVERY BEAR.
Define your goals. What is important to you? Think about this before you browse our
Studying abroad can enhance your ability to:
- Develop cultural competence
- Learn a new language
- Develop a global perspective
- Get international experience in your field
- Become more adaptable
Getting Started: Academics
ANY MAJOR CAN STUDY ABROAD. COURSE CREDIT RECEIVED DEPENDS ON THE PROGRAM.
MSU Faculty-Led Programs
Semester, Summer, and Year-long Programs
- MSU coursework taught by MSU faculty
- Students receive letter grades
- Pass/Fail grading system
- Required to get courses approved to transfer back to MSU
- Before selecting a program, investigate the course offerings of the program.
- Meet with the Education Abroad Advisor and/or your academic advisor to discuss how
the program will work with your degree.
Getting Started: Finances
HOW TO FUND YOUR EDUCATION ABROAD
- Education Abroad works with MSU Financial Aid
- Students can use grants, loans, and scholarships in most cases
- Education Abroad Scholarships for all MSU colleges
- MSU foundation Scholarships
- Fill out FAFSA
FAQ for Getting Started
Loading Calendar. . .