University Requirements for Faculty Traveling with Students
Faculty or Missouri State administrators who plan credit-bearing domestic or international travel with students are required to work with the Office of Education Abroad to ensure compliance with Missouri State University legal and financial protocol.
Missouri State faculty members may take students on non-Education Abroad programs for international field trips, research or discipline-related travel. Even if your students do not receive credit for their time abroad, Missouri State requires faculty leaders to adhere to these guidelines.
- Provide the names of all student participants to the Office of Education Abroad.
- Send a complete education abroad proposal to the Education Abroad Director.
- Communicate an itemized cost of the program to the Education Abroad Accounting Specialist.
- Complete Campus Security Training through My Learning Connection.
- Attend a pre-departure orientation with the Education Abroad Director.
- Complete the Foreign Travel Authorization form.
- Students will be charged the International Programs Academic Fee (IPAEF) for international programs or the Education Abroad processing fee for domestic programs per the Board of Governors’ approved fee schedule. The IPAEF includes the cost of international medical insurance. The IPAEF charge will be placed on each student’s Missouri State account.
- Students must register their travel with education abroad by completing an application for the program, created by education abroad staff.
Please contact Education Abroad Director Elizabeth Strong with questions or for additional information.