Studying away allows you the opportunity to experience a new culture, see remarkable landmarks, and show a sense of pride for Missouri State University.
If you are a current Missouri State student who studied abroad for short or long term during the last fall, spring, or this summer terms, you are eligible to submit an entry for the photo contest.
Great prizes will be awarded for the 1st place winning photos in each category, with 2nd and 3rd place honorable mentions. If you're currently abroad, we will hold your prize until you return.
Submit your Entry
Deadline to submit an entry is Thursday, September 14, 2017 by 5:00pm CST. Photos submitted after the deadline are NOT acceptable.
- Photos must be submitted electronically in high-quality digital format JPEGs in one of the following three categories:
- You may submit 1 photo per category.
- All photos submitted must include you in the photo.
- We encourage you to be creative with your interpretation of each category.
- Email the photo to Study Away Programs as an attachment.
Make sure that your email includes:
- Your name
- Name of your program
- Semester/year of your program
- The country you are in when the photo was taken
- A caption of 150 words or less with a description of:
- Where the photo was taken
- How it describes your time abroad
- How it relates to the category submission
Votes and Winners
Voting begins on Friday, September 15, 2017 & ends on October 5, 2017 at 5:00pm CST
Study Away will select the top 15 finalists per category and post them in a Facebook album on our Study Away Facebook Page. Encourage your friends and family to vote for your photo. The photo with the most votes on our Facebook page will win.
We will tabulate votes promptly at the deadline above, and we will announce winners on our Facebook page.
- You MUST be in the photo.
- If there are other students in the photo, you must have their written permission to submit the photo.
- The photograph must be from one of the following semesters: Fall 2016, Spring 2017, or Summer 2017.
- You must have taken the photo during an approved Study Away Program including host countries you may have traveled to during your time abroad.
- Photos with inappropriate content will NOT be accepted. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive alcohol or other university logos, excluding your host university.
- Photos submitted after the deadline will not be included in the contest.
- Photo content must be “true to life”, no Photoshoped objects/people or creating a collage.
- You MUST be a current student at Missouri State at the time of winning.
- If you participated in a past photo contest, you must submit different photos to be considered.
By submitting a photo, you are granting permission for Missouri State University's Office of Study Away Programs to use the photo in print and online promotional materials. You still own the rights to your photograph and can use it for your own personal use or submit to another contest.
All high-quality entries will be displayed during the International Education Week in November. Contact Study Away Programs or 417-836-6368 with any questions.