Studying away allows you the opportunity to experience a new culture, see remarkable landmarks, make memories to last a lifetime, and show a sense of pride for Missouri State University.
If you are a current Missouri State student who studied away for a short or long term program during the past summer, fall, or this spring term, you are eligible to submit an entry for the photo contest!
Exciting prizes will be awarded to the first place winning photos from each category! Second and third place winners will receive an honorable mention. If winners are currently studying away during the photo contest, their prize will be held in the Study Away Office until their return.
Submit your Entry
The deadline to submit an entry is Monday, March 26th by 5:00 pm CST. Photos submitted after the deadline will NOT be entered.
- Photos must be submitted electronically in high-quality digital format JPEGs in one of these three categories:
- Favorite Memory
- You may submit 1 photo per category.
- All photos submitted must include you in the photo.
- We encourage you to be creative with your interpretation of each category.
- Email the photo to Study Away Programs as an attachment.
Make sure that your email includes:
- Your name
- Which category you are entering
- Name of your program
- Semester/year of your program
- The country you are in when the photo was taken
- A caption of 150 words or less with a description of:
- Where the photo was taken
- How it describes your time away
- How it relates to the category submission
Votes and Winners
Voting begins on Monday, April 2, 2018 & ends on Monday, April 16, 2018 at 12:00 pm CST.
Study Away will select the top 15 finalists per category and post them in a Facebook album on our Study Away Facebook Page. Encourage your friends and family to vote for your photo. The photo with the most votes on our Facebook page will win. For each vote to count, the voter also needs to like our Facebook page!
We will tabulate votes promptly at the deadline above, and we will announce winners on our Facebook page.
- You MUST be in the photo.
- If there are other students in the photo, you must have their written permission to submit the photo.
- The photograph must be from one of the following semesters: Summer 2017, Fall 2017, or Spring 2018.
- You must have taken the photo during an approved Study Away Program, including host countries you may have traveled to during your time abroad.
- Photos with inappropriate content will NOT be accepted. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive alcohol or other university logos, excluding your host university.
- Photos submitted after the deadline will not be included in the contest.
- Photo content must be “true to life”, no Photoshopped objects/people or creating a collage.
- You MUST be a current student at Missouri State at the time of winning.
- If you participated in a past photo contest, you must submit different photos to be considered.
By submitting a photo, you are granting permission for Missouri State University's Office of Study Away Programs to use the photo in print and online promotional materials. You still own the rights to your photograph and can use it for your own personal use or submit to another contest.
All high-quality entries will be displayed during the International Education Week in November. Contact Study Away Programs or 417-836-6368 with any questions.