Short Term Faculty Directed Program Documents
- Academic Proposal
- Budget Proposal
- IDS 297 Application Process and Syllabus
- UHC 350 (Honors Course) Application
As you begin developing your proposal, please contact Study Away with questions or further information.
If you are interested in developing a Short Term program, please consider these steps:
- Review the proposal template, along with instructions regarding course approval posted under Resources for Program Directors.
- Do not create your course without the country in mind, or choose the country without the course in mind.
- Your course should be integrated with the location so that it cannot be executed on campus.
- Your course should facilitate comparative study within your field and reflect the city, country, culture, significant people and sites, foreign language, and more.
- Faculty directors may offer a course(s) within their own discipline and/or the General Education curriculum.
- Faculty Directors are encouraged to consider offering the General Education Course IDS 297/397 to recruit a wider variety of students
- Your program can vary in length, from one week over spring break to six weeks over the summer term.
- Your program may travel when classes are not in session. Study Away does not support programs that impede on-campus learning.
- You must hold orientation sessions prior to travel to better prepare your students for cultural differences and to maximize their learning opportunities
Faculty Directed Programs within the U.S.
The template above pertains to programs that are tied to a credit bearing course AND programs that are academically related, but not credit bearing. We manages all Short Term Faculty Directed programs for programs outside the United States. Unless a college dean notifies the Study Away director that they are responsible for a particular program, we will manage the accounting.